Complaints procedure

The Panel seeks to carry out its functions in an efficient and impartial manner, and to treat all parties to its inquiries with courtesy and as helpfully as possible. However, if you believe that things have gone wrong, please send us your complaints. We will take them seriously.

How to make a complaint

Complaints relating to a particular inquiry should be addressed to the Chairman of the Cooperation and Competition Panel at 1 Horse Guards Road, London, SW1A 2HQ.

Complaints relating to the Chairman should be addressed to the following members of the Cooperation and Competition Panel: John Swift QC and Professor Dame Janet Husband, care of Aisling O'Meara, at 1 Horse Guards Road, London, SW1A 2HQ.

Oral complaints over the telephone will be given the same consideration as written complaints, but it would be helpful if complaints could be put in writing wherever possible.

You should include:

  • your name and address
  • copies of any correspondence to which the complaint refers (but this is not essential)
  • the names of persons involved
  • details about what has gone wrong or has not been handled properly.

What will happen next?

All complaints will be carefully investigated. We will aim to give a full reply to your complaint within 10 working days of receiving it. If this is not possible, we will send you an acknowledgement within 5 working days explaining why and saying when you can expect a full reply.

Is there anyone else I can ask to look into my complaint?

We treat all complaints fairly. But if you are not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint, you can ask your MP to make a complaint on your behalf to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the "Ombudsman"). You cannot complain direct to the Ombudsman, only through your MP. Your local library or Citizens Advice Bureau can give you his or her name.

Department of Health NHS Monitor